VODAN Africa Publishes Special Issue on FAIR Data Interoperability
The VODAN Africa special issue on FAIR Data Interoperability has been published by Data Intelligence in collaboration with the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
These researches were produced out of the experiences and learnings from the COVID-19 outbreak in addition to the development and deployment of FAIR-based Digital Health Systems across Africa. VODAN Africa project was set up with a mission to generate continuous, real-time, high velocity clinical observational patient data from resource-limited communities that have not been represented in digital health data.
The special issue consists of 21 research articles produced by 57 researchers across 12 countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe. They are spread across thematic areas like FAIR Guidelines, FAIR Equivalency, FAIR Data Points, Digital Health Interoperability, Regulatory Frameworks, FAIR Data Stewardship, and Data Access, Control, and Security.
The special issue presented analytical empirical perspectives across these disciplines, and state-of-the-art research findings on the latest developments on the relevance of FAIR to society.
Below are the research articles published under the special issue
- Introduction to the Special Issue: Data Intelligence on Patient Health Records
- Incomplete COVID-19 Data: The Curation of Medical Health Data by the Virus Outbreak Data Network-Africa
- Implementation of FAIR Guidelines in Selected Non-Western Geographies
- Possibility of Enhancing Digital Health Interoperability in Uganda through FAIR Data
- FAIR Equivalency with Regulatory Framework for Digital Health in Ethiopia
- Proof of Concept and Horizons on Deployment of FAIR Data Points in the COVID-19 Pandemic
- FAIR Guidelines and Data Regulatory Framework for Digital Health in Nigeria
- FAIR Equivalency, Regulatory Framework, and Adoption Potential of FAIR Guidelines in Health in Kenya
- Expanding Non-Patient COVID-19 Data: Towards the FAIRification of Migrants' Data in Tunisia, Libya, and Niger
- FAIR Versus Open Data: A Comparison of Objectives and Principles
- FAIR Machine Learning Model Pipeline Implementation of COVID-19 Data
- Regulatory Framework for eHealth Data Policies in Zimbabwe: Measuring FAIR Equivalency
- Curriculum Development for FAIR Data Stewardship
- FAIR Equivalency in Indonesia's Digital Health Framework
- The Impact of COVID-19 and FAIR Data Innovation on Distance Education in Africa
- Agenda Setting on FAIR Guidelines in the European Union and the Role of Expert Committees
- Terminology for a FAIR Framework for the Virus Outbreak Data Network-Africa
- FAIR Equivalency with Regulatory Framework for Digital Health in Uganda
- Data Access, Control, and Privacy Protection in the VODAN-Africa Architecture
- Information Streams in Health Facilities: The Case of Uganda
- FAIR Data Point: A FAIR-oriented approach for metadata publication